Valentine’s Day Cocktails!
Welcome back to the blog guys!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and even if you’re not big on the presents or you dislike the commercial side of it all - sometimes it’s nice to do something thoughtful and small for your love. Not everyone is into fancy gifts or expensive dinners with set menus - so I’m helping you out by putting a fresh new twist on some classic cocktails that are super easy to make at home. In my early days, I was actually in the hospitality industry for about 8 years, and even managed bars and night clubs. I’m still not as much of a wine person, but I LOVE to make cocktails and get festive with the presentation according to the holidays. I kept these simple so they’d be easy to make without too many ingredients needed, but get in touch if you’d like some more specifics!
The first is a Spritz Kiss - a take on the Aperol Spritz. It’s a great apertif cocktail to have with some nibbles while you lounge in the sun and chat before dinner.
The second is an Amore Espresso - my take on the Espresso Martini using the Nespresso Chiaro pods and topping with grated Salted Caramel Lindt Chocolate (yum!!). Be sure to use decaf if you plan on having these at night and you’re sensitive to caffeine like me!
The third is a Peachy Keen - a delicious peach and berry Frozen Daiquiri - because peaches are beautifully in season right now and go SO well with berries.
The recipes are below, feel free to take some creative license and subsitute if you need.
Drink, eat, revel in each other’s company and have a wonderful Valentine’s Day connecting <3
I hope you like these cocktails below to help your romantic night go off without a hitch - and let me know if you’d like to see more of these kinds of videos/blog posts!
To get started - you might need:
- A cocktail shaker (you can always use a protein shaker if you don’t have the proper bar stuff)
- A strainer
- A jigger (or something that can ideally measure 30mls)
Then for each cocktail...
- In a larger wine glass add in a little bit of ice and 60 ml Aperol
- Add 90 ml Prosecco or sparkling wine (I actually wanted to use Chandon S because of it’s orange notes that work in well with the Aperol)
- Add lots more ice
- Top with 30 ml soda water
- Garnish with a slice of fresh orange and a few rose petals for that romantic touch!
- Works well with cheese, crackers, dips and other hors d’oeuvres.
- Make one at a time for best results in getting an extra thick “crema” foam from the coffee
- Place some ice in a martini glass to chill it
- In a cocktail shaker, add some ice then pour over 30ml of Belvedere Vodka (great vodka and great coffee are essential in this, you’ll notice the quality!)
- Add 30ml of Kahlua (if you like them slightly sweeter, Kahlua have recently brought out a salted caramel version!)
- Add 30ml of freshly brewed and chilled coffee
- Shake shake shake! Quite vigorously and for quite a while, it’s worth it
- Chuck out the ice in your now chilled martini glass and strain the cocktail into it, it should have a beautiful foam on top
- Grate some salted caramel Lindt chocolate for extra decadence!
- In a blender or NutriBullet, add 1-2 fresh peaches, pips removed. Reserve a couple of slices to shape into hearts to float on top.
- A handful of fresh or frozen berries
- 60ml Bacardi Rum
- 30ml Chambord
- A handful of ice if you’re not using frozen berries
- Blend for a few seconds until cocktail is slushy and even
- Pour into a daiquiri glass and float the peach heart garnish on top!
If you’d like any more more tutorials on cocktails, check out the YouTube channel Common Man Cocktails - they have some great how-tos on the basics and some delicious recipes. Or just request something by leaving a comment below and I’ll work it into another video!
Thanks for tuning in guys, remember to drink responsibly and have a fantastic Valentine’s Day!